Dentist and orthodontist are not similar as dentiste Lausanne looks many things regarding the teeth while orthodontiste Lausanne looks whether the teeth are aligned or not. If the teeth are misaligned, then talking laughing, eating, etc. becomes a problem. In this article, we will discuss the differences between the two.
Orthodontists are a special kind of dentists who deal with the irregularities in the teeth, which leads to facial irregularities. Patients have to go to clinique dentaire Lausanne where the orthodontist can diagnose the problem and start the treatment.
There is a wide range of treatments that an orthodontist adopt so that he can give a good look to the teeth and the face. They also check whether the teeth are misaligned or not as it leads to improper chewing of food.
Different between an orthodontist and a dentist
There are many similarities between the working of an orthodontist and a dentist. They have many tools in their cabinet dentaire Lausanne that they use to treat any problem related to gums, teeth, and jaws. Dentists cover a broad range of treatments in comparison to orthodontists. Dentists also work as hygiéniste dentaire Lausanne in which they clean the teeth, which become dirty due to the accumulation of food particles. There are many oral health issues that are dealt with by the dentist while an orthodontist deals with misaligned teeth, which leads to various other problems.
Facts about dentists
There are many tasks that a dentist has to perform and they are described below.
- A dentist is a general practitioner who has the ability to diagnose and cure common diseases. It can be said that he can also act as a general physician.
- He also deals with common diseases related to teeth and gums.
- Dentists have a general degree.
- They take care of the teeth of every age of people.
- Dentists perform cosmetic dental procedures like whitening the teeth, porcelain veneers, implants dentaires Lausanne, etc.
Facts about orthodontists
The facts about orthodontists are discussed below
- Orthodontists have a general degree of the dentist and they further complete their course in orthodontics, facial growth, and other alignment problems of teeth, which leads to permanence dentaire La.
- The course is lengthy as it takes six years, so only three to four orthodontists are trained each year.
- The job of orthodontists is to treat misaligned and crooked teeth, bad bites and many other problems.
- Orthodontists are well trained and they can treat people of all ages.
Treatments provided by orthodontists
Orthodontists are expert in curing facial and teeth irregularities. There are fixed and removable tools that patients have to put in their mouth for a fixed duration. These tools include aligners, braces, and many others.
These are some of the differences between a dentist and an orthodontist. It can be said that all orthodontists are dentists but all dentists are not orthodontists. Orthodontists have special training and degree with which they treat their patients and eliminate all the problems related to teeth.