Do you know how to spot a fraudulent ID? If your job demands you to check people’s ODs, then you must know some quick ways to detect a phony ID. Especially if you’re a bouncer at a pub, or working as security personnel in an airport or a bank taller, identifying even the best fake id should be your regular job. And failing to do so, could make you responsible for the consequences. In this article, you’ll find some of the best tips on fake IDs that probably you never heard before. So, without further wasting time, let’s jump straight into it.
- Don’t be too confident: If you’re in a position where you check plenty of IDs every day as part of your work, then you come across plenty of poorly designed phony IDs every day that can be detected from a mile. But that shouldn’t make you too confident; otherwise, you’ll miss the fine details when a realistically well-designed ID is produced before you. You want to stay alert while looking for those subtle signs that give those best fake IDs away.
- Don’t miss the real ID: People who show fake IDs often get unmindful about their real IDs, and there you have to be extra careful. When a person reaching out to their pocket or wallet, notice if you can see another ID (most likely the original one if they produced you the false id) at the same place. Little things like that can get ignored by people easily – you just need to keep your eyes straight to spot.
- Body language is a major factor: ID is not everything that you should look
for, it’s actually the person’s body language that matters most. People can buy even the top quality fake ID, but it’s the body language that they can’t hide from the experienced eyes. They will get nervous, won’t be able to make straight eye contact, and many other such obvious signs would tell you that they are trying to hide something – and you know what’s that!
- Ask their star sign: This is another method which can be useful to clear your doubt about an ID and the ID holder. If you doubt their ID is fake, ask the star sign according to the date of birth printed on the ID. A phony ID holder who is just an amateur and trying to buy some booze, won’t be prepared for this much detail most likely.
- Compare the multiple ID cards: If it is possible, you can compare multiple IDs to find out the fake one, in case you got same IDs from the same state. For example, if one card is thinner than the others, it’s definitely a red flag. Try to feel the size and weight as well, and anything unusual you notice should be enough for you to examine the suspected ID for further checking.
- Compare the real people with their photos: It’s the outer look that may change over time, such as hairstyle, beard, hair or nose job, etc. However, you should look for the elements that don’t change much – like, the chin, eyes, ears, and nose.