Choosing an unspoiled place for advertising sometimes goes well with another suggestion to optimize the effectiveness of the message, namely to position it in favor of a place where there is a high number of potential buyers. Given these suggestions, by way of example, we can conclude that, if we are the owners of a pharmacy, the suitable place for the installation of our advertising sign could be in front of the exit of a hospital, a place that in itself is little surrounded by advertising, as certainly attended by our target audience. With the custom metal signs you can now expect the best choices.
The tip: the sign in the front position
In the previous paragraph we specified that the sign must be placed in front of a building; and this, not surprisingly. The signs positioned parallel to the direction of travel of a road have a greater chance of being ignored, as the gaze of those who walk the road is pointed forward, and few times will they turn to the side. It is therefore important that the sign is positioned perpendicular to the road, such as for traffic signs or traffic lights. In this way, for example when the traffic is stopped, whoever was in the queue will not be able to help but notice our sign.
Anyone in the advertising industry will accept that sign advertising is an extremely effective form of advertising. Advertising posters remain a visible part of the landscape wherever you go. At the same time, advertisers continue to invest a substantial part of their advertising budget in posting.
- This suggests that advertising is one of the media most capable of grabbing attention.
- Advertising professionals consider advertising sign marketing to be one of the most effective and valuable means available.
- While users and advertisers consider the classic advertising methods (newspapers, periodicals, flyers, etc.) more effective.
- This is because of their simplicity of planning and their scope, easier to measure.
A common mistake is to think that the messages on the outdoor signs are too short and simple to be persuasive. Advertising professionals will tell you that those who think so are leaving out some important details.
The objectives of the advertising posters
Advertising posters are not usually designed to convince consumers to take a particular action, at least not openly. Research shows that the average person observes a poster for about 4 seconds, and rarely longer. The purpose of the external advertising signs is to create or strengthen brand awareness, or to build a solid brand image, without informing excessively. The ultimate goal of all advertisers is to make their brand familiar to consumers.
- Let’s consider successful paradigmatic examples: Scott, Scotch, Rimmel, Postit and many others.
- These brands have reached such popularity in the eyes of consumers, to represent the common name of their Prodotto.
- Their status has been achieved through continuous communication and persistent work to strengthen the image.
- Their strong corporate image and impressive product revenues are the results of pressing branding advertising campaigns – the simple recall of the brand.
- Even today, no advertising medium can match the advertising of signs in terms of branding. Let’s think of our typical working day.