To the list of things that must be ready from the 37th week of pregnancy is the famous bag for maternity. Hey, but why does week 37 actually, simply because it is from that moment that your baby is ready to be born. If you have cold sweats just to prepare this suitcase for fear of forgetting something, this article is for you. Whether for baby or mom, we have listed everything you need so that you do not miss anything at all at the maternity clinic. You can visit mommy adventures for the best updates of the mothers there.
The essentials in the baby’s suitcase
Here we go for the list of things to put in the baby’s suitcase.
In general, it is important to anticipate that this infant may get dirty and maybe a bit taller than expected.
The checklist for your baby:
Bodies, bodies and more bodies: It is often said that you never foresee enough bodies, and it’s not for nothing. Take 6 bodies to be able to change the baby as often as necessary. A little trick: mix birth and one-month bodysuits to be sure.
- As many pajamas as bodysuits
- So many bibs too
- 1 hat to keep your little baby’s head warm because that’s where it’s likely to get colder as soon as possible
- 1 pair of mittens for the maternity exit if a baby is born in winter. The rest of the time, let him develop his sense of touch
- 4 to 5 pairs of socks or 2 pairs of slippers
- The outfit to get him out of the hospital and this one, you will probably never forget it. This outfit is so essential that it is often part of the birth gifts of the family.
- 2 sleeping bags
- The famous first blanket
- 5 small towels
- 1 small brush
- 4 swaddling clothes
- 1 pacifier
The hospital usually provides baby toiletries, but plan for baby diapers, soap and mild shampoo. Finally, know that in case of a huge unexpected, a loved one can always bring you what you miss during a visit to the maternity. Do not stress too much.
The essentials in the suitcase for mom
As for baby business, we recommend you make lists. Check what has been put in the bag is the best way to forget nothing and leave serene. Here is what we recommend for your stay at the maternity ward:
- 2 or 3 cozy nightgowns or pajamas. Make sure they are unbuttoned or convenient for breastfeeding if it is your choice.
- 3-day outfits, jogging, leggings or maternity wear to be comfortable
- A pair of comfortable slippers that do not hug you too much, in case your feet swell a little after childbirth
- 5 or 6 pairs of socks depending on the season
- Stretch cotton undergarments of a size above especially recommended for cesarean section
- Your usual cosmetic kit with some cosmetics if you wish soap, intimate gel, shampoo, brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, day cream, mascara, powder, cotton
- 2 towels or bathrobe
- Some sanitary napkins in case
If you plan to breastfeed, you will also need:
- 3 breastfeeding bras to make breast easier
- Nursing pads to absorb milk losses
- 1 special breastfeeding balm to relieve your nipples after breastfeeding
The little things that always serve:
- What to nibble. Biscuits, dried fruits, chocolate, treat yourself, you deserve it.
- A little cash
- A fogger
- What you care about: book, magazines, arrow-words, notebook to write down your memories, music
- Your favorite pillow plaid to make you feel more comfortable
- A small lamp because hospital lights are often too strong
Finally, don’t forget the essential administrative documents.