Designing Website has become one of the latest, most common and must require part in the current lifestyle. Everything has gone digital in this world, and for daily necessities, a website is a must. As websites are in more demand, comes in the role of website/web designer.
Designs of websites for users to interact on the internet are called web design. They work on the content, data/news for the appearance. For style, they work on colors, themes, icons, fonts, images. For the structure, they decide on the layouts, navigation, no of pages. Learn More here.
For the user to navigate at ease, simplicity should be maintained, neat and clean. Not cluttered with bulk data which frustrates the user.
Most common methods to design the website is one for desktop and other for mobile. They are responsive & adaptive designs. Responsive design, depending on the screen size the contents dynamically adjusts to the screen size. Adaptive design, as per common screen size the data/content is fixed in layout sizes.
There are many sources to create our own website. We can go and purchase a domain, create a blog and design it. Register & host the website by purchasing and making it live. But how does having a great domain name & a professional web design can help us? Below are some of the most common points to be noted before hiring one.
1) Customer satisfaction: Making sure the website is easy to navigate, easy to understand quickly to access the information they require without unnecessary & confusing items. It should meet the needs of the user who visit the website building the confidence & positive relationship to visit the website regularly.
2) Search Engine Optimization: No matter how great is the design of the website. While searching the website should be noticed or appear on the first page of your search list. A good SEO is a must for the website to be recognized. This is one of the factors which will impact the sales along with the design.
3) Mobile friendly: When it comes to a website first thing, we need to do today is the website to be optimized for the mobile. Browsing is becoming more on the move than sitting in front of the system. It should be fast and accurate not losing the customer looking for another website.
4) Type of Content: A visitor stays or leaves depending on the content you provide – information in videos, images and keeping the text information short. Make sure the content is not outdated or very difficult to understand.
Some of the tips for a faster website
- Page Size: Bigger the page size, takes a lot of time to load and slow down the process of loading. Use the content only if it is absolutely necessary.
- Image Compression: compress the image, which will half the size of the image before uploading it.
- Server Requests: Each content loads from a different server. Lesser the content faster will be the website.
- Use of Flash: Limit the usage of flash player. Some search engines do not pick up the website. Some will do not support the flash player.
- Thumbnails: Use of thumbnails makes the user navigate through the website. A preview of what’s the content going to save more time.