When it’s time to choose a Care homes Leicester for a loved one, having the right details will help you make the best decision.
Stuff to think about before choosing a care facility;
- Price: What is the cost of treatment every week, and what is included?
It is critical to determine the weekly cost of treatment, whether it is the first or the last question you ask. Many people consider discussing money to be a social taboo, as it is considered impolite and inappropriate. (Especially if you’re from the United Kingdom!)
However, it is important to be realistic when it comes to funding services and request an exact breakdown of weekly care fees. It’s a good idea to inquire about any “additional extras” that aren’t included in the weekly fee, such as haircuts or daily newspapers. Don’t be caught off guard by sudden ‘one-time’ fees. These fees can add up quickly, and if left unaccounted for, they can mean the difference between being able to afford your preferred care provider or not.
- Feedback & Ratings: What are others thinking about the Care Home?
Read the most recent regulatory report and search for checked review websites to see what people say about the service.
There are many ways to find out a care service’s most recent rating and access the full inspection report, including:
- Going to the regulatory body’s website and looking for the service’s name or place to see what information is available.
- When you visit the facility, ask to see the most recent ranking and report; it is a government requirement that care facilities show their most recent regulatory rating.
- Visit TrustedCare.co.uk to see shortlisted care providers’ profiles, including their most recent CQC ranking and a link to the full inspection report.
It’s important to bear in mind that the regulatory body can only report on their findings after spending a few days with the service. It’s priceless to read what service users or family members have to say about their experiences.
- Pay a visit to Get a sense of which service makes you feel at ease.
Visiting care facilities will provide a wealth of information; a thousand images will never capture the ‘feel of a home. Only by visiting can one get a sense of the energy and atmosphere.
It’s important to note that a provider’s website is just a “shop window” to what they want you to see, no matter how large their online collection of photos is. Images of areas of the house that require a little TLC (or a full renovation!) would, of course, be removed.
You will have the ability to meet key members of staff and experience everyday life at home in addition to visiting the facilities. First impressions are everything; if you feel accepted, you’ll make a much better impression than if you were left on the doorstep for 5 minutes ringing the bell!
You will observe resident and staff interactions when walking around the facility.
When selecting a care home, it’s crucial to ensure that they can deliver the right kind of care and the right quality of care you need.